Homework provides a link between home and school. It ensures that children develop the sound study habits, organisational skills and self discipline required for lifelong learning.
- Reinforce learning which occurs in class
- Develop a pattern of independent study
- Provide parents with a means of becoming involved in their child’s education.
- Builds habits of self-discipline and organisation.
- Teachers across a grade level will establish expectations/procedures to be followed eg. Nightly, within a contract system, with reading folders, in the use of journals etc.
- Project work (Years 5 and 6) is seen as extra work to be spread out over an extended period of time, and as such is not included in the recommended time.
- A written explanation is required from parents when homework is not completed. Parents will be reminded of this each year at information night.
- Homework activities will be signed by parents at least once a week.
Michael Jackson 'Beat It' Tutorial - Part 1
Michael Jackson 'Beat It' Tutorial - French Guys
Sustainability Project Resources